Saturday 11 August 2012

Bye Bye Southampton...

After spending the year in Southampton on work placement as part of my uni course, I'm now back in Plymouth ready (just about) for my final year. Our last night in Southampton was spent at our favourite place to eat, The Cowherds, located just minutes from where we were living at the edge of the Common. After a long day spent packing and cleaning, a delicious meal enjoyed outdoors was necessary.

We were accompanied by my mum and dad, who were down to help us with the move (it's scary how much stuff we've managed to accumulate and we're only 21!).

After sharing starters of fried calamari with spicy mayonnaise, chicken liver, pork and mushroom paté, and goat's cheese crostini, we indulged in mains from the wide selection offered by the country pub/restaurant.

Spanish chicken with chorizo and potatoes
Wild boar and chorizo burger
Lamb shoulder with dauphinoise potatoes
Handmade salmon and broccoli fishcakes with mixed salad

As usual, all the food was stunning and full of flavour - we've eaten here a few times while in Southampton and have always been impressed. With both incredible food and a gorgeous location, the Cowherds is perfect for a summer's evening meal. It'll definitely be a place I'll miss!


2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh wish I'd known this existed when I was in Southampton a couple of months back! All your food looks soooo nice! I'm making a note of the name though for when I next visit :) x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's slightly out from the city centre so it's not too obvious, but definitely worth searching out! I hope you get a chance to check it out, let me know what you think if you do :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...